Friday 27 August 2010

A Tragic Story

"Shaun Ryder heckled by Peter Andre fans after V Festival mix-up"

One of the stories that caught my attention in the last week, mostly due to the terrible way in which the events got progressively worse as the performance went on. Firstly, why did the V Festival organisers play a Peter Andre highlights video before Ryder's set? Were they actively trying to stir up trouble? Secondly, the mixed-up Ryder shouting "are my ears fucked or are you shouting New Order?" as the baying crowd chanted "who are you?" and threw bottles at the beleaguered frontman. At that point I had trouble reading on, but forced myself through til I mercifully reached the end, after further highlights like an exodus from the crowd, bottles and "wanker" signs hurled toward the stage, before the final tiny mercy of "Step On" receiving a good response (a marked contrast to the rest of the set.) The final, all-encompassing questions I have are: 1. Who knew Peter Andre had fans? 2. Who knew Peter Andre fans could be so aggressive? 3. Are they stupid? Sure Ryder's live performances might not always be up to scratch, but I'd much rather hear a botched performance of this:



over a perfect rendition of this:

No comments:

Post a Comment